I was nominated by the wonderful Rachel @ In Between Book Pages for this award. If you have not checked out Rachel’s blog yet please do.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/or on your blog
What got you into reading?
I always liked books but what sealed the deal for me was the Fear Street series by R. L. Stine.
Just as a side note he is releasing books in a returning to fear street series if anyone is interested.
Most memorable book from your childhood/teenage years?
Jane Eyre. I read this book in 8th grade and fell in love with it.
What are the 5 books you cannot live without?
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- Soulless by Gail Carriger
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
What book/s have been on your TBR pile the longest?
Three underrated books or series you would like to recommend to everyone.
- Soulless By Gail Carriger
- Air Awakens by Elise Kova
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
Genre you try to stay away from as much as possible.
Erotica, There is nothing wrong with it, it’s just not for me.
What are your favorite bookish things (aside from books of course)?
Book Sleeves. I have discovered these this year and I love them.
What’s your policy on book lending?
I only lend books to those people I really trust. (Would I trust you with my child?)
If you get stranded on an isolated island, who are the 5 book characters you’d want to be stuck with?
- Numair from Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
- Primrose from Competence by Gail Carriger
- Felicity from The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Audrey Rose from The Stalking Jack the Ripper Series by by Kerri Maniscalco
- Alexia Tarabotti from Soulless by Gail Carriger
Non-fiction book/s you would like to recommend.
Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Troublemaker by Leah Remini
What’s your opinion on giving a book a low rating/negative review?
Personally I would rather leave a book with no rating than leave a negative review. So much time and love is put into books by the authors that I feel bad for leaving one. I have left them in the past and will most certainly will in the future.
Well since you will see a lot of Award/Tag posts over the next few weeks while I catch up so I am not going to nominating anyone. But if you like these questions please feel free to do them and Tag me so I can see your answers.
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
- Do you like to do Buddy Reads?
- Do you like to buy your books online or in a bookstore?
- What is your favorite book series of all time?
- What book made you smile?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favorite book trope?
- What is your favorite type of post to do?
- Who is your favorite Author?
- What book are you currently reading now?