I thought I would put together a post for my 2019 goals. I have decided to do this for two reasons, first so that I can hold myself accountable and second so that I can see what I accomplished once we get to the end of the year. This year I will be starting a new job and I am not sure what all will be coming my way so I am not sure how much reading I will get done. I read more in 2018 than I ever have in one year but I am hoping to do half as well this year.
I learned a few things this past year regarding my reading first I do not have to purchase all the new releases and read them to be relevant. Some of the books that I was most disappointed about this year I only picked them up because they were popular. I also realized that big hardback books scare me if they are in paperback it does not bother me as much. Crazy I know but I’m working on it.
I am setting my Goodreads goal to 15 books. I find this is a good number because there is no stress to hit it and I mostly just like being able to go back and see the list of books that I read throughout the year.
I started this year with a physical TBR of 236 I really want to get this number down to at least 175. I really want to get my backlist of books down.
My 2019 10 Books I want to read
Setting up TBR’s is not generally a good thing for me because I am such a mood reader. So what I have done is I picked out 10 books that I am excited about but they keep getting pushed down my pile because of other books. The plan is to help keep these books on the top of my pile of books.
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman | Add to Goodreads
- Timekeeper by Tara Sim | Add to Goodreads
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard | Add to Goodreads
- The Darkling Bride by Laura Andersen | Add to Goodreads
- Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstey | Add to Goodreads
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo | Add to Goodreads
- Witchfall by Victoria Lamb | Add to Goodreads
- The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton | Add to Goodreads
- The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl | Add to Goodreads
- Now I Rise by Kiersten White | Add to Goodreads
More Specific Reading Goals
I want to either finish or catch up on at least 3 series.
I want to read at least 3 tomes (books over 500 pages).
Purchase less books.
What are some of your goals for this year?